This Blog was posted for you By Ed Cuellar Insurance Services in San Antonio
Car Insurance Is Not Inexpensive
All drivers are aware that getting car insurance is not just a serious matter but expensive at the same time. The cost of car insurance today is catching the customers by surprise because it rapidly increases year after year. For those who are looking for a quick car insurance quote online, you can use the service of the internet and get up to five free car insurance quotes just by putting the relevant information in the forms. With these referral services, you can get as many as five car insurance companies to give their quotes to you.
There are numerous vehicle-related expenses that can influence the increase or decrease of your car insurance premiums. This includes the following:
1. Medical expenditures – at least three million vehicle accidents are happening annually which involve personal injuries. More often than not, it costs about $6,000 up to $9,000 to treat someone who became a victim of a road accident. But it can be more than that amount. The medical expenses are increasing and so does the car insurance rates for every vehicle owner as well.
2. Expenses for legal matters – the more road liability cases, the higher will be the rate of the car insurance companies. In one year, the estimated amount of vehicular liability cases was only more than $187,000. But six years after, it surged up to $269,000. Experts agree that if the figures for the auto liability case continue to grow, the car insurance premiums will no doubt increase in no time at all.
3. Road collisions and accidents – a main cause of death in America is accidents that are vehicle-related. Every year at least $150 billion is spent for these road accidents. And more often than not, these drivers are over-speeding, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and driving without a seat belt are those who are involved in such accidents.
4. Theft – in one year alone, there are more than a million cars that became a victim of theft. It increased by as much as 6 percent if you would compare it to vehicle-theft cases in the previous year. Usually, it is the trendy vehicles and small vehicles that are stolen. But there are also buses, motors, and trucks that were stolen as well.
5. Fraudulent insurance claims – there are some consumers who are trying to take control of the insurance market by doing fraud claims against their insurance companies. The National Insurance Crime Bureau said that there is more than $30 billion worth of funds that are being swindled by the fraud insurance policyholders.
6. Driving under the influence of alcohol or DUI – did you know that there are at least 2 to 3 people injured or dying every 30 minutes because of road accidents due to DUI? Impaired driving actually eats up as much as 50 percent of the total number of deaths related to vehicles.
7. Expenses for the Auto Repairs – with the advancement in technology, the cost of repairing a vehicle becomes very expensive as well.
Understanding the factors that contribute to rising car insurance rates will make you a more savvy consumer — helping you to find the most affordable car insurance out there!